Monday, October 11, 2010

Alice's



I am doing some research for an impending trip through the Berkshires to Southern Vermont.  As I started thinking about the towns we would go through I thought of Stockbridge MA, home of Tanglewood, the very lovely Red Lion Inn, the Norman Rockwell Museum and of course the 60s counterculture Alice's Restaurant.  Now I have that song running thru my head on an endless loop.  "You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant, exceptin Alice" and "Walk right in, it's around the back, just a half a mile from th railroad track".  That's about all I remember, though I did know college friends who could sing the whole 18 minute naarative,  but even those two lines going nonstop will keep me awake half the night if I don't.get.them.out.of.my.head.  Ever happen to you?

Later,
Janet

2 comments:

  1. Yep...like right now...You can get anything that you want at Alices's restaurant....

    Love your pumpkin header!
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. you mean, you mean to tell me, you mean to tell me that i'm not rehabilitated enough.... hahahhahaha jkj

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave me a comment if you have enjoyed my blog. I look forward to "chatting" with you.

Thanks,
Janet