Tuesday, January 29, 2008

FRUSTRATION

I took the offer from the buyer on the phone, faxed it to him for his approval and then went to their apartment to get it signed. I presented it to the selling agent, all the while embarrassed by the low, low number. Today we did a couple of counter offers and we are still not even close. Buyers want to stop; they are not willing to get anywhere near the sellers asking price ( which is not an unreasonable price, BTW) . This is the life in Real Estate and this doesn't just mean no income for me, it means I have to paint the dreaded trim, darn it all!!! Plus I got these buyers from a rogue phone call to the office regarding this one property. They don't want or need an agent to help them, so I will in all likelihood never hear from them again. They may possibly be the only buyers in a fifty mile radius or so it seems from my perspective!!


Enough of the negative self-talk. I came across a really fun blog today. She is giving away a really cute tassel in the Great Blog Giveaway or whatever the event is called. I am too lazy to look it up. The blog is called NestingPlace and she does what my friend Jano used to refer to as the Janet School of Home Dec. Lots of hot glue and upholstery tacks, but any girl that has a red toile sectional is all right by me. Hop on over and check it out. I need to go back and read some of her archives.

Later,
Janet

11 comments:

  1. Keeping my fingers crossed you'll meet a buyer beyond your fifty mile radius!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang.........I hope you don't lose your buyers. Real Estate is much harder than people think. No loyalty. Good luck.
    Hugs,

    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain. Still hoping my buyer from SoFL comes through for me at the end of the week! STill wishing good things for you...I know you really don't want to paint that trim...

    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh shoot. i know there is a buyer out there! lots of fingers crossed!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that is just the pits! I hope things pick up for ya soon....you never know they could change their minds?!?!?! Looks like that trim is calling your name though.......Hang in there!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  6. In my next life, I want to be a real estate agent. I am slightly obsessed with staging and our first house was on the market for 2 years. We said never again, and from there on out, every house we bought was bought based somewhat on if it was gonna be able to sell in the future and if I could do small projects so that when we did sell, someone would have to have it.

    I love real estate and homes. I'm sure the everyday job is alot like what your post was about but, I really feel for people who need to sell their house and don't know what to do. They don't realize that as soon as that sign is in the yard it is no longer their home, but a piece of merchandise that competes with other homes!

    I also LOVE you blog name!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's hoping the deal turns around and all goes well. I have a dear friend that is a realtor and she does have some bad days...most of them are pretty dang good, tho.
    hugs, bj

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about your day! Hopefully the week will get brighter!! thanks for the info on the link! Will have to check it out!!

    blessings,
    kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I feel your frustration! I am keeping my fingers crossed that this deal works out for you!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Frustrating for sure. I'm sure you invest tons of time and lots of effort as well....many times to have the whole deal just fall by the wayside. Hope things get better for you, Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave me a comment if you have enjoyed my blog. I look forward to "chatting" with you.

Thanks,
Janet