Saturday, March 8, 2008

THIS AND THAT


How interesting that I can't seem to post a picture tonight, so you will just have to use your imagination.

1) This is where the pic was to be. We have been dragged, kicking, screaming and clutching Visa card into the 21st century. Our 15 year old TV has had a problem with the vertical hold for a while now. I "watched" the Academy awards with no picture for at least 10 minutes at a time. So we went out to "look" at TVs. Our old RCA was 20" and our boys always laughed that it was too small to watch. Easy for them to say, they have manly TVs. We "looked" at a couple of stores and then just caved. We now have a 19" LCD flatscreen. Yes, it's small, but it is so clear. Just amazing!

2) We have had over 4" of rain here today and now the wind is howling! Luckily it is rain or it would translate to 40"of snow, something I do not want.

3) Lastly, do not forget to set your clocks ahead tonight. This means it will be light enuf to cook dinner outside now, even though it is still in the 30's. Can't keep a girl away from her grill for too long.

Later,
Janet

8 comments:

  1. I love everything about Daylight Savings Time except losing that hour of sleep! Have a restful Sunday! :-) Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  2. JAnet

    Thanks for the clock reminder!
    Also, thanks for the 3 word encouragment on my "bad karma" day--Good Red Wine-I followed it!
    Hee-hee!
    :0)
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good old Daylight Savings Time...love it in the spring, HATE it in the fall. Enjoy the new TV, and I think I'll take whatever advice you offered Tara and have Good Red Wine too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new TV!! Thanks for the reminder...it always seems to sneak up on us!!

    blessings,
    kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the time change reminder. I changed all my clocks a little while ago.
    Glad to hear you got a new TV. My husband seems to be TV crazy lately. He's bought two in the last couple of months. ???? It's a guy thing, I guess.
    Hugs,
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had trouble uploading photos all day on Sunday. Then I tried uploading them one at a time...it worked! Hope it works for you the next time you have a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you love the new TV? Our old one in the loving room gave out recently and Bill got us a new HiDef one. Not huge but oh how pretty. The first thing I saw on it was Paula Deen and it looked amazing!

    Now I will have to wait until Fall to get that lost hour back...no wonder I have been yawning all day! That or I stayed up too late blogging!

    Love,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Janet - enjoy your new TV - the flat screens are great!

    As for uploading photos, many of us are having problems. The past few days I've been able do one at a time, sometimes. However, as it looks like I'm almost out of storage space on Google (apparently our pics are taken over by Picasa to be uploaded through Google to Blogger)tonight I've purchased 10GB of extra space ($20) for one year and I hope this resolves the problem.

    All this is too complicated for old folks like me and my dh, we HATE technology....get so frustrated....and our IT guy calls us techno-Neanderthals. We've had him over three times in the past 2 weeks because we had to buy a new printer/scanner/copier/fax thingy - what a disaster - it's killing our friendship and our pocketbook! They are more complicated now and it takes a rocket scientist to get them working!

    You have such a great sense of humor - wish you were here! Hope Spring is coming your way.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave me a comment if you have enjoyed my blog. I look forward to "chatting" with you.

Thanks,
Janet