Wednesday, April 2, 2008

MUSIC TO MY EARS???

It was fun being a baby boomer... until now, or maybe now more than ever ;-)

Some of the artists of the 60's are revising their hits with new lyrics to accommodate aging baby boomers.

They include:

Herman's Hermits --- Mrs.. Brown, You've Got a Lovely Walker.

Ringo Starr --- I Get By With a Little Help From Depends.

The Bee Gees --- How Can You Mend a Broken Hip.

Bobby Darin --- Splish, Splash, I Was Havin' a Flash.

Roberta Flack--- The First Time Ever I Fo rgot Your Face.

Johnny Nash --- I Can't See Clearly Now.

Paul Simon--- Fifty Ways to Lose Your Liver.
!
The Commodores --- Once, Twice, Three Times to the Bathroom.

Marvin Gaye --- Heard It Through the Grape Nuts.

Procol Harem--- A Whiter Shade of Hair (the original is on my list of "most hated songs" )

Leo Sayer --- You Make Me Feel Like Napping.

The Temptations --- Papa's Got a Kidney Stone.

Abba--- Denture Queen.

Tony Orlando --- Knock 3 Times On The Ceiling If You Hear Me Fall.

Helen Reddy --- I Am Woman, Hear Me Snore.

Leslie Gore--- It's My Procedure, and I'll Cry If I Want To.

And my favorite:


Willie Nelson --- On the Commode Again
Later,
Janet







10 comments:

  1. How funny.....thanks for sharing this giggle!!
    hugs, bj

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a good laugh out of these. Thanks for sharing themm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the extra "m" in the last word, above.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sadly they are music to my ears. xoxox Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  5. You DO realize that I will be singing these songs THIS way for a week don't ya??

    They are far too close for comfort!!

    Cute...very cute!

    Love,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Silly Janet. These are great!

    Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Janet I haven't visited you in a while, but wanted to tell you that this post gave me a good laugh!
    Rhondi xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Janet...this is soooo funny (but so true). I'm just happy that I remember all those groups and songs! Have you seen some of these guys/groups lately? Some of them have not aged very gracefully.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hilarious !!!


    Kathy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave me a comment if you have enjoyed my blog. I look forward to "chatting" with you.

Thanks,
Janet