Friday, November 23, 2007

A little of this and a little of that



Well, this is my fourth and hopefully final try to get this post published. This is a very abridged version at this point. Each time I try Blogger tells that there is some security issue and won't let me link the gals I wanted to link. Just when I thought I was getting the hang of this and now I want to cry. I am a bit overly sensitive as it is and even a server can hurt my feelings. Very sad isn't it??

First off, last week I got this award from Manuela at The Feathered Nest ( I am not even going o attempt to link!!!) and I was so excited and apparently selfish that I forgot to pass it on. Usually I am not selfish, but I just had a moment , or a couple of days, I guess. When I started this adventure about a month ago I was technically incompetent ( but fortunately not yet incontinent!!) and some wonderful women came to my rescue. Because of their generosity I would like to pass this award on to them.
Clarice at StoryBook Woods ( this is a duplicate for Clarice, who also got the award from Manuela), Barb at MayDecember Home, Cassie at Mockingbird Hill , Mary at dearlittleredhouse.blogspot.com and Des at Peeking Thru the Sunflowers . Thanks girls for you help and patience. I still owe Pam from PamsPlace a Seven random things post, but a this point I am just going to respectfully refer everyone back to my November 2 post and not bore you with 7 more odd things about myself. I am too frustrated, sorry Pam.



Now I am going to go and watch one of my all time favorite Holiday Movies, White Christmas. I saw this movie at the theater when I was about 10 or 11. The movie was not new then, but apparently the theater could still make money showing it ( 25 cents for me!!), and I have loved it ever since. The look on the General's face when he walks into the room in uniform makes me tear up every year. And "Sisters" is great with the girls and with Bing and Danny.

TTFN
Janet

Edited to add: Why can I link them now, when I couldn't just a few minutes ago? I will probably never know. I am stepping away from the computer now.

7 comments:

  1. Janet,

    Enjoy the movie! :-)

    Let the festive movies begin!

    xo,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Janet! That is my all time favorite Christmas movie too! "Lord help the mister that comes between me and my sister, and lord help the sister that comes between me and my man!"

    I had the tape and watch it every year.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your sweet award. You so deserve all such honors...

    White Christmas is my all time favorite holiday film. WE just saw it on TV tonight. : )

    I sing along with all the songs...I am awful. : )

    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet, Thank you so much for the award! I love that movie, too, especially the sets. I'm so glad you are blogging, and not letting a few problems get in your way -- we love to hear from you, and don't care if everything is not technically perfect all the time! Oh, and I love to say "TTFN," too -- it drives my kids nuts!
    xoxo,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! Thanks so much for the award! You've made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Janet...thanks so very much!! While I am happy that whatever I said was of some help to you, I find out something new everyday! It took me forever to post music and I was more surprised than anyone when I was able to figure it out.

    Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving...we should all have a blast getting ready for Christmas and sharing it as we go along. So glad we are in the same bunch...

    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Janet! - I just ordered it from Barnes and Noble...They are shipping it tomorrow..
    Thanks!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave me a comment if you have enjoyed my blog. I look forward to "chatting" with you.

Thanks,
Janet